Smelly Dog? Here are 5 Dog Hygiene Tips
Do you have a smelly dog? Our dogs like to get into things that stink. If it smells bad, they roll in it. The dog loves the stench, but humans may not be so fond of the odor. There are hygiene tips to help keep your pup smelling fresh and clean. Read on for 5 dog hygiene tips for your smelly dog.
5 Dog Hygiene Tips
- Bathe your dog regularly. Every 3 months is what most veterinarians recommend because too many baths can dry out your pup’s skin. Try an aromatherapy shampoo, citrus or tea tree are best for fighting odors.
- Brush your dog, 2-5 times a week. A good brushing distributes natural oils and gets rid of dead fur and limits shedding.
- Pat your dog’s fur with baking soda or corn starch for a quick dry bath. Either one will neutralize odors.
- Feed your dog high-quality dog food, healthy insides equal a better smelling dog. Better digestion can reduce gas and help maintain healthy teeth and gums.
- Wash your dog’s bedding regularly. Dirty, stinky bedding can lead to a smelly dog. A quick way to deodorize the dog and the bedding, give it a spritz. Make it! Fill a spray bottle with ¼ witch hazel and ¾ water. Add about 5 drops of lavender essential oil to the mixture. You can add a bit more essential oil if you wish, but don’t make the scent too strong as your dog probably won’t like it.
We Can Help
Animal Medical Center of Appleton can help you with dog hygiene and all your other pet needs. We are located by the Fox River Mall in Appleton. We serve pets in the Appleton, Menasha, Neenah, Grand Chute, and the surrounding areas. Call 920-749-1717 or visit us at the Animal Medical Center of Appleton.